How to keep your wig looking new every time you rock it
Before you get excited about your new XoXoKalani wig, you need to know that it takes more than basic care to ensure that every time you wear your wig, it looks like the first time you are wearing it. You need to invest time in washing, storing, and generally caring for your wig. Not to freak you out, but there are steps you have to take to keep your wig looking fine, full and fresh. If you love your wig, then your wig will love you.
Check out some of our tips below.
Don’t wash your wig too often:
Treat your wig like that favorite new dress you just bought (and which probably goes wonderfully with the wig). Don’t wash too often. Most people wash their wig once in three weeks.
Washing your hair too often can make it brittle and cause it to lose its shine. So whether you have a Kalani’s natural bob wig or an Extra Long Deep Wave Wig, apply the same advice and don’t wash too often.
Wash your wig properly:
Aside from washing infrequently, it is also important to wash your wig properly. Use the right products and wash your wig gently, to prevent tangling and residue buildup, which can cause permanent damage to your wig. Here’s a short, easy way to properly wash your wig:
- Brush your wig to remove any tangles or product residue from use.
- Pour some warm water into a basin and add shampoo. Gently mix the shampoo evenly with the water. Do not add shampoo directly to the wig to avoid clumpiness.
- Gently swish your wig in the water. Do not rub. Then dispose of the shampoo-filled water and fill the basin with fresh, lukewarm water.
- Rinse your wig.
- Repeat steps b-d with your conditioner.
- Air dry your wig. Heat and wigs don’t mix. Never use a hairdryer as that could permanently damage your wig.
When not in use, store your wig properly:
When your wig is not in use, make sure to store it in a wig-friendly environment. This is preferably on a mannequin head in a cool room with a covering to protect the wig from dust and exposure.
Once you start following these steps, you’ll notice that your wig-life will increase. Stay stylish and take care of your wig!